JF Publishing is delighted to announce the launch of The Golden Lands – first book in the new Architecture of the Buddhist World series: come to the RIBA Bookshop any time 3pm-5pm on Thursday 4th September to meet the author and get your copy of the book signed.
The RIBA Bookshop (66 Portland Place, London W1B 1AD) are kindly hosting Golden Lands author Vikram Lall for this signing and informal question & answer session.
Please see below for details and we look forward to seeing you there!
Attending this Book Signing
3pm-5pm, Thursday 4th September
- To help us manage numbers please register your interest here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/architecture-of-buddhism-book-signing-author-qa-riba-bookshop-portland-place-tickets-12288656703
- Attendance is free, turn up any time between 3pm – 5pm
- Ask author Vikram Lall questions about Buddhist architecture, the book topics, and surveying / conservation of ancient sites in India and SE Asia
For further enquiries please contact the RIBA bookshop: +44 (0)191 244 5557
Vikram Lall will also be at the V&A Bookshop on Monday 1st September, and giving a lecture at the Buddhist Society, Ecclestone Square, on Wednesday 3rd September. See our events page for details.
About the Author
Vikram Lall is an award-winning architect, lecturer, author, and patron of art & culture. He has more than 25 years of experience in architectural practice and consultancy and is the principal architect and partner of Lall & Associates.
With a Masters Degree in Interdisciplinary Design from Cambridge, Vikram has designed several landmark buildings, such as the Akshardham temple in Delhi and the Buddha Smriti Park in Patna. His deep familiarity with both international and local ideologies has enabled him to creatively bridge the increasing gap between local and global design conditions.
Vikram has taught at several architectural schools of India and abroad, and continues to be a Visiting Faculty at the prestigious School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi. His areas of research and interest include History, Theory and Criticism of Architecture and Conservation studies.
He was a featured expert in the BBC’s “Seven Wonders of the Buddhist World” documentary.
Vikram frequently appears on TV and in print media on themes related to art, architecture, and cultural practices. Currently, he is directing and anchoring a television series on the history of musical traditions of India for Doordarshan, India’s National Television broadcaster.
As an active supporter of Indian musical arts, Vikram founded the formation of a non profit organization called SAAR, Society for Art Appreciation and Research — he will be glad to talk about music as well as architecture!
About the book
In The Golden Lands, Vikram Lall explores the history, construction, styles, and interpretation of hundreds of historic temples and monasteries across (in chronological order) Myanmar [Burma], Vietnam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Thailand, and Laos.
- ISBN 978-0-7892-1194-1 – released September 2014,
- Distributed by Perseus Books Group
- Available from the RIBA Bookshop, Portland Place
- Pre-order online from Amazon UK here
Find out more:
- Ordering the book: buy on the day from the RIBA bookshop, or see our ordering information here
- See architectural diagrams from the book
- Book contents list
- Discover photography and news about Buddhist Architecture and travel in Southeast Asia in our Facebook Page